Okay, you got it, here are six basic things to get you started:
- DCS World – The actual game itself, free, no cost. Download and install this first.
- The AJS-37 module itself, but Heatblur Simulations – Purchase, then install it.
- Official module manual – Combine it with Chuck’s guide below and you have everything you need.
- Chuck’s AJS37 guide – Great practical manual that helps you correctly learn all the important bits.
- Joystick profile – Map as many buttons as possible.
- Viggen checklist kneeboard – For realism, almost like the real-world checklist.
Hardcore reading materials, not really needed, but could be fun to read for more in-depth info:
- SFI AJS37 – Real world manual for Viggen-pilots
- ATIS 37 – Actual real world excercises when learning to fly the Viggen in the Swedish Air Force
So above are a few things that will make it easier to get started with the Viggen. Instead of tinkering with stuff, you can spend more time on actually flying the aircraft. Of course, you do know that the Viggen module is made for some pretty extensive studying, right? To use it to the fullest, you need to spend quite a bit of time reading the manuals, learning the systems and procedures. That’s part of the fun!